Ushering the people of God into the presence of God for pleasure of God to experience the power of God and to accomplish the purpose of God.
It is the goal of the Worship Arts Ministry at FBC Justin to lead each worshipper through this progression of revelation, praise, conviction and confession, forgiveness, teaching, and response so they may commit to living for and following Christ.
In other words… Ushering the people of God into the presence of God for the pleasure of God to experience the power of God to accomplish the purpose of God.
Creativity is a great tool in our worship experience… but never at the expense of the worship of God itself.
The Worship Journey
The worship format is based on the Isaiah 6:1-8 experience. The basic progression of the Isaiah worship experience is broken down into 7 steps which usher the body into the presence of God. These seven steps are:
- Revelation:“I saw the Lord…”
- Praise:“He was high and lifted up…Holy, Holy, Holy”
- Confession:“Woe to me…for I am a man of unclean lips”
- Expiation:“With it, the coal, He touched my lips”
- Proclamation:“Then I heard the voice”
- Dedication:“Here am I”
- Commission:“Send me”
Worship is active, not passive. God is the audience and receiver of our worship.
- Those leading in worship are facilitators of worship, not performers.
- Those leading in worship must be leading worshippers actively pursuing the practice of the presence of God.
- Excellence in all that we do, for HE is excellent.
- Commitment with a servant’s heart vs. a volunteer with an ego.
Interim & Search
Please continue in fervent prayer with us as FBCJ continues its search for our next Worship Leader. We are so grateful for the many months that Dr. Toledo from SWBTS spent with us in the interim. Moving forward, our many gifted and called worship team members will continue to lead worship for us in this season.
If you are called to any aspect of Worship Arts Ministry, whether it be singing or dancing, instrumentation or drama, please contact Eric Gaston at eric[at]fbcjustin.org. We would love to visit with you about your involvement here at FBCJ!