Born and raised in Little Rock, Arkansas, I bleed Razorback Red! I was fortunate enough to grow up in a Christian home and in an awesome churchas a child, and God got a hold of me in 3rd grade. It was then that I realized my need for Jesus and accepted Christ as my leader and forgiver. I was always active in my Student Ministry, and God used some incredible Sunday School teachers and ministry leaders to show me that He wanted me in full-time ministry.
I attended college at Ouachita Baptist University in Arkadelphia, AR (go Tigers!), where I earned a Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Studies with a minor in speech communication in 1998. Following a semester off to earn money for an engagement ring (feel free to "awww" here), I entered grad school at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, TX where I earned a Master of Arts in Christian Education in 2002. I have had the honor of serving on staff at churches in Arkansas, Tennessee, and Texas.
In 1999, I married my best friend and love of my life, Pam. We have four amazing kids and are looking forward to many years serving alongside the amazing staff and church family here at FBC Justin, where my responsibilities as Associate Pastor include adult discipleship, missions, and guiding our family ministries!
- Book: The Barbarian Way by Erwin McManus (a great call back to the God-designed fearless nature of faith)
- Food: anything with Bacon. I capitalized "Bacon," as it is the king of all meats, and deserves proper respect, just FYI.
- Snack Food: I'm gonna go with the same answer.
- Movies: "Inception" blew my mind. "The Dark Knight" is a close second. If we're talking old-school, I tell people it's "Shawshank Redemption," but it's really a tie between "Back to the Future" and "Clue."
- TV Shows: The Blacklist, Person of Interest, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Amazing Race
- Musical Artists: NEEDTOBREATHE, All Sons & Daughters, pretty much any modern worship music
- Time of Day: Late-evening, since that's when my wife and I get to catch up with each other.
- Season: Fall
- Place in the World: Anyplace there are mountains.
- Place to Pray: In my car as I'm driving. One of the few places I can concentrate and not have too many distractions (other than the road...)
- Recreational Activities/Hobbies: Movies, basketball, hanging out with my wife & kids.
- Scripture: Philippians 3:10-12
- Sports: the aforementioned hoops
- Most People Don't Know This About Me: I can fake just about any accent pretty convincingly.
- Best Thing Someone Said to Me: "I do."
- One of the Things I Find Most Fascinating: The depth of the Bible. I know it's the "church answer," but it's totally true. Every time I study it, I find something new - some layer I've never understood before!