I was born on December 2, 1989 in Augusta, Georgia. My parents, Donald and Nicole married when I was two. I have two younger brothers, Corey and Chris. We are all three years apart. We moved a lot growing up, but my family has settled down in Charlotte, North Carolina about 10 years ago. I did not grow up attending church regularly as a family. I went to church a handful of times a year with my best friends family. Going to church was merely a thing to check off the list on Sundays, not about growing closer to God. In 2009, I moved out of my parents house. I had a deep desire to have a personal relationship with God. I began attending Elevation Church. God was regularly revealing Himself to me as my refuge, strength and provider, but I wanted to think I was doing it all on my own. In September of 2009, I was down to nothing, through my parents, God provided in a huge way. It was then that I realized that I could not do life without God. I handed my past sins over to Him and accepted Christ as my Savior. In April of 2010, I made my faith public through baptism.
Around that same time, God called me to ministry. I was working full-time in a preschool, and was a full-time student studying Early Childhood Education. God had different plans. In 2011, God pressed on my heart to change my major. Wanting to do things my own way, I resisted. (Gods plan is always the route to take, and it would be easier if we took His route initially.) Later that year, I began attending Liberty University. I graduated in August 2013 with a Bachelors in Religion. Nearing graduation, God began calling me to seminary. I did not feel qualified for the part of a seminary student. (God will qualify the called, the called are not qualified.) After much pressing on my heart, I applied to Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. In August of 2013, I moved halfway across the country to chase a calling from God. I am currently pursuing my Masters in Divinity with a Concentration in Childrens Ministry.
After accepting Christ as my Savior, I began volunteering in the Childrens Ministry of my church. I began by checking in children and touring new families. I rose in leadership quickly and before long, I was the recruiting and training new volunteers, training leaders and launching new campuses. It was during this time that I found my passion for teaching taken to a new level in Childrens Ministry. This is where I discovered that my call to ministry in 2009 was to work in Childrens Ministry. I have a desire to be a part of building a firm foundation in children, rooting them in Gods word, so that when they leave the home, they have their own relationship with Christ and do not wander from it.
It is an honor and a blessing to serve on staff at FBC Justin. I knew that when God revealed Fort Worth, Texas to me in 2012, it was for a greater purpose than receiving a Masters degree. I did not know what His plans were, but I knew that I did not want to miss out on something that He wanted to do through me. When the opportunity to come to FBC Justin came about, there was an instant peace in my mind. As FBC Justin grows, our childrens ministry will grow, as well. I cannot wait to be a part of raising up our next generation of leaders!
- Book: "when God writes your love story" by Eric and Leslie Ludy
- Food: Fettuccini Alfredo,
- Snack Food: Pretzels with Frosting - Don't knock it until you try it, it is the perfect combination of salty and sweet
- Movies: Noting Hill, The Notebook and Titanic
- TV Shows: Friends
- Musical Artists: Shawn McDonald and Elevation Worship
- Actors: Ryan Gosling and Matthew McConaughey
- Actresses: Julia Roberts and Jennifer Aniston
- Time of Day: Late Afternoon
- Season: Summer
- Place in the World: Charleston, South Carolina
- Place to Pray: By the water... It can be a lake, a river, a creek or the ocean.
- Recreational Activities/Hobbies: White water rafting, running and writing
- Scripture: Psalm 19:14 "May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer."
- Sports: Swimming
- Most People Don't Know This About Me: I have five names.
- People I'd like to Meet: Paul and the prophetess Anna.
- Best Thing Someone Said to Me: I am proud of you.
- One of the Things I Find Most Fascinating: Sunsets and sunrises The way God uniquely hand paints them daily