Community Food Pantry
Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’
The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’
– Matthew 25:37-40
These words of Jesus are a potent strike at the heart of us all. It goes deeper than simply feeding and clothing. It strikes at the heart of His followers to be giving, unselfish, and loving. The attitude and heart is just as important as the act itself. We should give not out of compulsion, but out of love. In the book of Acts, we find believers sharing with one another so that none would do without. In a world that is hurting and in an economy that is failing, who can help? We can.
As of May 5th, 2015 the food pantry is now serving at the location of 405 W. 3rd St. Justin Tx, 76247. For more information about this program please visit their Facebook page by clicking here.
Community Clothes Closet
Community Clothes Closet is a non-profit 501©(3) organization established as a Christian outreach to provide assistance to Denton and Wise County families in need of free clothing.
Our goal is to provide clothing for everyday life, to wear to school and even a job interview all at no-cost.
- To work together with other organizations and individuals to identify families in need of assistance.
- To seek and develop funding/donation resources.
- To provide free clothing to identified individuals/families through donated/volunteered/purchased services.
- To provide oversight and accountability for funds raised, funds distributed, and results achieved.
- To serve as a central resource for the recruitment, training, and deployment of volunteers.
- To serve others as our Lord and Savior, Jesus, serves us.
- Volunteers: to help sort and organize clothing donations on Wednesdays 8am till 2pm and 7pm till 9pm to help clients as well as sort and organize donations at the Community Clothes Closet on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month from 2pm-5pm.
- Clothing Donations: Clean and gently used as well as new clothing in all sizes for men, women, teens and babies. Other needs include maternity, nursing uniforms, school and sport clothing and shoes. New socks and underwear of all sizes ./li>
- Cash Donations: Cash donations will be used for rent and utility expenses, supplies and purchase of new items when needed. Donations can be mailed to PO box 475 Justin, TX 76247
- Supplies: Fans, 30 Gallon trash bags, sharpies, pens, blue, green, and beige masking tape and miscellaneous items.
- Improvements to Building
- Doors on Storage Shed
- 5/6 – 14/16 youth boys & girls jeans
- 45 gal trash bags, gallon & quart baggies, sharpies, pens, masking tape.
Location & Hours
- 209 W. 5th St. Justin Tx 76247
- 2-5 pm (2nd and 4th Sunday of each month)
- Carla Moody (817) 269-8969
- Joanna Johnson (940) 453-0959
- Gwen St.Clair (817) 291-8872